despite there still being snow outside, i can feel spring coming. yey! however, it is making me really sleepy, so i keep falling asleep on the couch every single evening, which makes me forget to update. d'oh.
finally booked a hotel for the trip to paris to see pj harvey in may (hôtel beausejour montmartre) - while it's only 2 stars, which means it'll probably be a bit worn down with tiny bathroom and whatnot, the location is great, the wi-fi free, and there's apparently a lovely garden to have the breakfast in, and i love the idea of that. plus, i stayed in montmartre last time and loved being so close to the sacré-coeur, and the metro is around the corner (as is moulin rouge, haha), so.. should be fine.
can't wait - nothing like a great may trip to look forward to! hopefully the weather will be gorgeous like last time. and either way, pj harvey, wee!
in other WEE! news - nine inch nails confirmed that they'll be coming to a swedish festival this summer, which i now have to go to, and the best part is that depeche mode is headlining the same festival so it should be fantastic! am slightly worried about concert-fatigue this summer, but whatever - it'll be summer, and it's only a few things per month. this is what we have lined up:
- the sisters of mercy next week!
- fever ray (karin dreijer) in two weeks!
- lowood release party (two young swedish girls we saw opening for moto boy a year ago who are really promising)
- a camp (nina persson)
- miss li
- maaaaybe ben kweller
- olle ljungström
- the yeah yeah yeahs
- pj harvey in stockholm, oslo and paris
- bruce springsteen
- where the actions is-festival feat nick cave, neil young, etc.
- the arvika synth-festival feat depeche mode, nine inch nails, etc
- the hultsfred-festival feat the killers, regina spektor, etc
- madonna in august (pos. twice)
live moosic = the bomb! nin!!!! dm!!! etc. wee!