my team is driving me nuts. today i had:
- 1 guy sick for a second day who sounded.. fishy on the phone (like, he sounded normal when he said hello when i called, and as soon as i introduced myself he dropped his voice and sounded vaguely like he had a cold, and was vague when i asked what was up)
- 1 girl sick who had a really, really bad cold yesterday so i didn't even call
- 1 girl whose grandma died sunday and who asked to stay home yesterday, came to work crying, and immediately went home again.*
- 1 girl who called in sick, didn't answer my first check-up call, and then answered when i called just before i was leaving and she outright confessed she wasn't sick, she was moving to a new apartment and needed the day off. this same girl overslept twice last week (as in, i had to call and wake her up both times).
i can't accuse somebody of not having a cold. i can't force a girl to stop crying over a dead relative. the girl fessing up to taking a fake sick day? wtf?!!
it pisses me off. some members of my team are great - really trying to be there, or at least dragging their asses in until i send them home if they're obviously not doing well. but then there's the handful that just are acting very irresponsible - and of course, they're NOT the people with the best performance scores, so they don't exactly have anything to prove they really want to do this job. i've been doing a lot to justify/smooth over their behaviour because i figured it was just crinkles from starting a new type of job.
well, fuck that. they're not respecting my team, nor their fellow teammates, who have to take on a tougher workload. and i'm really, really sick of working overtime every day when some of them can't even force themselves through a 6-7 hr workday. i'm going to start putting people on one-week probations. no more bullshit, heh.
i'm tired of defending people who aren't actually showing that they're worth the fight. boo. BOOO.
that said - i left work before 6 pm today! well, i left at 5.55 pm. but still! i left closing up duties to somebody else. it's a first. i'm excited! and tired. very tired. i go sleepy bye bye now. cin cin!
* trust me, i'm not dissin' on the girl being really upset. however - she just had most of september off, monday was supposed to be her first day back, so the timing just kind of... sucks. again - not her fault, but meh.